Dates and deadlines
You can find information about application deadlines, publishing dates for admissions and other relevant dates and deadlines for application and admission procedure on this website.
1 June to 15 July
15 February to 31 March for international master's programs*
1 December to 15 January
*International Master's Programs
- Buddhist Studies/MA
- Indology and Tibetology/MA
- Integrated Climate System Science/MSc
- Intelligent Adaptive Systeme/MSc
- International Business and Sustainability (MIBAS)/MA
- Languages and Cultures of Southeast Asia/MA
- Marine Ecosystem and Fisheries Sciences/MSc
- Molecular Plant Science / MSc
- Ocean and Climate Physics / MSc
- Politics, Economics and Philosophy/MSc
- Wood Science/MSc
When will I get the official letter of acceptance/letter of rejection?
The acceptance and rejection letters can be found in your STiNE account under "Application" > "Documents". Please find the issuing dates for the notifications in the online application.
Please note that the dates differ if you applied via Dialogue-Oriented Service Procedure (DoSV)
Winter semesters (WiSe) always begin on 1 October and end on 31 March.
Summer semesters (SoSe) always begin on 1 April and end on 30 September.
The re-registration deadline for winter semesters is 1 October. The deadline for summer semesters is 1 April.
Dates for past semesters and, if they have already been set, future semesters as well as the lecture periods can be found on the page semester dates.
Further dates and deadline which may be relevant for your application
Please be aware, this list is not final
- BA in human movement / teaching subject in Sports:
Registration for Assessment test (German only) always in June for a winter semester, the test itself will be in July
- teaching subject in Art:
application at Hochschule für Bildende Künste for assessment test in February/march each year
- teaching subject in Music:
application at Hochschule für Musik und Theater for assessment test
for Bachelor's 1st December to 10th January for following winter semester
for Master's 15th February will 1st April for following winter semester
- Assessment test for working men and women:
Application for Assessment test for working men and women always from 1st February to 1st March
(exception Assessment test at Department of Socioeconomics)
- for first-semester applicants in programs medicine, dentistry and pharmacy with application procedure through hochschulstart.de there will be a different application period if you obtained your higher education entrance qualification before 16th January in the year you are going to apply
- a lot of continuing education master's programs have individual application periods