Organization of Universität Hamburg
Committees and administrative bodies at Universität Hamburg
The University's administration is divided into the Executive University Board , the committees and the university administration. These are supplemented by staff units responsible for special tasks and by representatives.
The president is head of the Executive University Board and oversees institutional policy. Term of office is six years. The president is supported by three vice-presidents, each with three-year terms of office. The "Kanzler," or director of administration and finance, oversees university administration and represents the University's budget.
Universität Hamburg also consists of numerous committees and boards which both contribute to and check the University's self-administration. One of the main committees is the Academic Senate. In addition, there is the University Council. The Council's primary task is to strategically steer the University.
Faculties and facilities
- Dept. 1: University Strategy
- Dept. 2: Communications and Public Relations
- Dept. 3: Studies and Teaching
- Dept. 4: Research Management and Funding
- Dept. 5: International Affairs
- Dept. 6: Human Resources
- Dept. 7: Finance and Accounting
- Dept. 8: Facility Management
- Dept. 9: Construction Management