Note on Accessibility
This note on accessibility applies to the domain uni-hamburg.de.
Universität Hamburg strives to ensure digital accessibility for people with disabilities. Our goal is to provide a fully accessible website in keeping with the provisions of the Hamburg regulation on establishing accessible information technology for people with disabilities (Hamburgische Barrierefreie Informationstechnik-Verordnung, HmbBITVO) dated 10 September 2019.
The accessibility requirements come from Section 1 HmbBITVO in conjunction with Section 3 subsections 1–4 and Section 4 of the federal accessible information technology regulation (Barrierefreie Informationstechnik-Verordnung, BITV), adopted on the basis of Section 11 of the Hamburg act on equal treatment for disabled persons (Hamburgisches Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz, HmbBGG).
Verification of compliance with the requirements is based on an evaluation conducted by Mr. Detlef Girke of BITV-Consult from 1–31 August 2020 in accordance with HmbBITVO / BITV 2.0 / EN 301 549 / WCAG 2.1.
According to this evaluation, the website is only partially compliant due to the following inconsistencies and exceptions.
Result: In many areas, the website is already accessible for all users. However, as it currently stands, the website is not entirely BITV compliant. As part of a technical reworking of the website, the following incompatibilities should be considered:
- According to the BITV 2.0 standard, the following criteria are currently not met:
- alternative text for operational elements (1.1.1a) in some places
- correct syntax (4.1.1a) in some places
Note: An update to improve the accessibility of the website will be implemented soon and should remedy the considerations listed under point 1. Another comprehensive test will then be conducted; the results of which will be subsequently included in this note.
- PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents provided for download on the University website are not all currently available in accessible form but are under systematic review. New PDF files for online provision should be created in accessible format or replaced by an accessible format as soon as possible.
- Video and audio files embedded on our web pages are currently only partially available with subtitles, audio descriptions, or transcripts. We are striving to add subtitles to all newly uploaded videos as quickly as possible.
- Improvements are required, for example, in the following:
- https://lecture2go.uni-hamburg.de (The portal is currently undergoing a technical overhaul to reflect all accessibility considerations.)
- https://www.kus.uni-hamburg.de/de.html (The portal is currently undergoing a technical overhaul to reflect all accessibility considerations. The update is anticipated in October 2020.)
- The coronarchiv (The platform and content are not currently completely accessible. An update to ensure accessibility is being planned.)
- Some services will be provided by external service providers and integrated into the website. A statement on digital accessibility has not yet been issued. This refers to the following URLs and areas:
- https://www.stine.uni-hamburg.de/ (The BITV-Test is available and has been forwarded to the provider.)
- https://www.commsy.uni-hamburg.de (Accessibility is currently being assessed.)
- https://www.openolat.uni-hamburg.de (Accessibility is currently being assessed.)
- https://www.cc-forum.uni-hamburg.de/ (An improved update is being planned. Alternatively, a contact form is available for the questions clarified in the portal. That is why the contents served by the forum have been made available in full in accessible form for authorized users.)
- Job portal application forms (The application portal is not yet fully accessible. We are working with the developer to develop an accessible solution. Alternatively, applications can currently be submitted by email.)
Feedback and contact information
Have you noticed any grave issues with accessibility for the content of the www.uni-hamburg.de website?
Let us know by mail or email:
Abteilung Kommunikation und Marketing
Referat Digitale Kommunikation und Design
Tel: +49 40 42838‑2571
If you are unable to find a satisfactory solution, even after providing feedback to the address provided above, you may contact the ombudsperson’s office provided for in Section 13a HmbBGG (German: Schlichtungsstelle HmbBGG). This ombudsperson is tasked with fostering an extrajudicial resolution for conflicts between persons with a disability and public offices. The arbitration procedure is free. Legal counsel is not required.
c/o Öffentliche Rechtsauskunft- und Vergleichsstelle (ÖRA)
Tel: +49 40 42823‑2057
This note was updated on 17 November 2023.