Strategic University Partnerships and Profile Partnerships
Since 2012, Universität Hamburg’s internationalization strategy has included the development of a sustainable network of international partner universities. This network was established as a trilateral model in 2019, consisting of profile partnerships and faculty partnerships.
All partnerships aim for sustainable collaboration and development in research and teaching and not only provide exchange opportunities for students and researchers but also offer joint doctoral and research projects.
The primary goal is to forge strategic partnerships with institutions that promise excellent opportunities for cooperation in key research areas and the active participation of many Universität Hamburg faculties.
The partnerships that exist between Universität Hamburg and its profile partners are intensive and strategically oriented at the faculty level, with the prospect of expanding that collaboration to other faculties and profile areas. Profile partnerships strengthen interdisciplinary, interfaculty collaboration and are intended to better serve the faculties’ needs. In the long term, they may develop into strategic partnerships.
- Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Kyoto University, Japan
- University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Seoul National University, Korea
- National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas, São Paulo, Campinas, Brazil
- Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- University of Haifa, Israel
- University of Bologna, Italy
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- University of Southampton, United Kingdom