Additional programspecific admission requirements
Beside higher education entrance eligibility and possible foreign language proficiency, some degree programs may have additional program-specific admission requirements.
Sports aptitude test
To apply for the human movement science program, you must pass a sports aptitude test. This applies if sport is the teaching subject for a teacher training degree as well as for the bachelor’s degree in human movement science as a major or a minor. You must provide proof that you have passed the sports aptitude test at enrollment: www.uni-hamburg.de/sportpruefung (in German only).
Self-assessment for teacher training degrees
When applying for a bachelor’s degree program in teacher training, you must upload proof that you have taken part in an anonymous online self-assessment (OSA). The outcome of the OSA has no influence whatsoever on the selection procedure for teacher training degree programs at Universität Hamburg. If you would like to study teacher training for primary school level, we recommend that you take the “Erwartungscheck Grundschullehramt” OSA. For all other teacher training degree programs, we recommend the “Erwartungscheck Lehramt Sekundarstufe” OSA. You can also take the “Career Counselling for Teachers” OSA, which applies to all teacher training degree programs.
To take either the “Erwartungscheck Grundschullehramt” or “Erwartungscheck Lehramt Sekundarstufe” OSA, proceed as follows:
- Go to https://lehramt.check.uni-hamburg.de.
- For teacher training at primary school level, select “Erwartungscheck Grundschullehramt”; for all other teacher training degree programs, select “Erwartungscheck Lehramt Sekundarstufe.”
- Complete all of the OSA tasks.
- You can download proof of participation after you have completed all of the tasks. When you finish, upload this when you apply online.
To take part in the “Career Counselling for Teachers” OSA, proceed as follows:
- Go to www.cct-germany.de and click on “Studieninteressierte” (prospective students).
- Go to “Geführte Touren” (guided tours) in the menu bar at the top and select “Tour 1: Soll ich ein Lehrerstudium beginnen?” (Should I begin a teaching degree?). In addition to the code you selected, please also enter the group name here (“Hamburg”).
- After you complete the assessment, you can download proof of participation. When you finish, upload this when you apply online.
Self-assessment for molecular life sciences
Completion of a self-assessment is also part of the application and admission procedure for the bachelor’s degree in molecular life sciences. The self-assessment is free and proof of completion must be submitted with your enrollment application if you are admitted. The self-assessment has no influence whatsoever on the awarding of places at Universität Hamburg. The self-assessment and feedback in the research questionnaire are completely anonymous. The self-assessment is available here (in German only).
Additional admission requirements for the teacher training in vocational education
In addition to your higher education entrance eligibility, you must also provide proof of relevant vocational training or a professional internship lasting at least twelve months at enrollment. A completed degree does not automatically substitute vocational training or an internship.
Exception: If you choose the subject "Gewerblich-technische Wissenschaften", you can apply without having completed vocational training. You must then complete a professional internship during your studies.
See here for more information about recognition of your previous professional experience (in German only).