Information sessions, activities for meeting new people, and digital and on-site campus tours
Dear New Students of Universität Hamburg,
the Welcome Week for the Winter Semester 2022/23 takes place from Tuesday 4.10.2022 - Friday 7.10.2022.
What do you need to know?
- All new students at Universität Hamburg are invited to participate.
- We offer a diverse program of information sessions, campus and city district tours, and interactive activities for meeting new people.
- To accommodate both those not yet in Hamburg and those already in the city, we have a mix of digital and on-site events.
How can I participate?
- You can find the program some time before the start of the new semester by using the UHH Join booking app. The app enables you to register for any events you want.
- Registration for the Summer Semester 2022 starts March 1st.
- There are events conducted in German and English. Take note of the events you have registered for.
- If you do not have a uni username (STiNE username) yet, you can simply sign up to the UHH Join app with your private email address to book events.
- If you do not have time to attend an event that you have booked, be sure to cancel your booking.
What is the difference? A short introduction to Welcome Week and orientation modules
- Students from all faculties take part in Welcome Week.
- You will obtain all the important general information for starting your studies
- It helps you become familiar with the campus and meet students from all faculties and from all over the world.
- Attendance is voluntary.
- You can choose events and courses from a very diverse week-long program.
- You must register online via UHH Join.
- Welcome Week occurs one week before the orientation module (before the orientation module for most subjects; in some exceptional circumstances, the orientation module and Welcome Week overlap).
- The goal is to welcome all students to the University.
- Only students in your degree program will take part in orientation modules.
- You will be given an introduction to the structure of your degree program and find out how to register for your first semester courses.
- Participation is highly recommended.
- You do not have to register—just attend the welcome event on the first day of the orientation module, and you will be assigned to an orientation module group (for further information, visit www.uni-hamburg.de/oe).
- Orientation aims to help you find your way through your degree and to link up with other students in your degree program.
We highly recommend you take part in both the Welcome Week and the subject-specific orientation modules.
If you have any further questions, email us at email@example.com.(piasta-welcome"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
We wish you a good start at Universität Hamburg!
Your PIASTA Team
Online campus tour of Universität Hamburg
Dear First-Year Students,
if you are curious and would like to get to know the campus online, take a look:
To-dos for new students
Your application was successful, but there is still a lot to do! Our brochure gives you an overview of everything you need to do and all the necessary information on how to do it:
Presentation slides Welcome Week SoSe 2022
- German as a Foreign language - Courses at Hamburg University
- How Does Stuying Work?
- How to use the Hamburg State and University Library
- Introduction into the services of the Regional Data Center of the University of Hamburg
- Important information for international students
- Language Café Language Tandem - PIASTA
- Online Campus Tour
- Scholarships for International Students
- To-Do's for New Students
- University Sports Hamburg
- Welcome Week Opening
- Who, Where, What? - A Short Guide to the University