The University offers several options for organizing work flexibly, making it easier for employees to better balance work and family obligations.
Part-time models make it easier to reconcile professional and family obligations. Refer to the internal pages of the Staff Service Portal: Part-time / change in hours to find out more about these options for salaried employees and civil servants.
- The collective agreement for the public sectors of the German states (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder, TV-L) and the German part-time and fixed-term contract act (Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz, TzBfG) fundamentally include regulations on part-time employment.
- In accordance with Section 6 TzBfG, the employer must make it possible for the employee to work part-time in line with the TzBfG.
- In accordance with Section 8 TzBfG, employees have a right to reduce their working time.
- In particular, part-time employment for family reasons is regulated in •Section 11 subsection 1 TV-L,
- Section 3 of the act on periods of nursing care (Gesetz über die Pflegezeit, PflegeZG), and
- Section 15 subsection 4 of the act on national parental pay and parental leave (Bundeselterngeld- und Elternzeitgesetz, BEEG).
Telework / working from home
Telework and Mobile Work are terms for models in which you do some of your work from your own home. Further information and the relevant forms can be found on the internal pages of the Staff Service Portal: Telework.
Flexitime regulations constitute a major improvement for technical, library, and administrative staff.