Academic and family life
How can academics reconcile their work and family obligations? What do academics with children need to take into consideration? This page contains extensive information on advising and support services for grant recipients, doctoral students, postdocs, and junior professors with families.
- Doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers - scholarship holders
- Gainfully employed doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers
- Junior professors - special condition
- Advising options
- WissZeitVG - Family policy aspects
- Organizing work
- Staying in touch - maintaining workplace ties
- Family life on campus
- Further activities in Hamburg for families with children
Service: Parent-child room in the University Administration
In case of short-term childcare emergencies, all staff of the University Administration are welcome to use the parent-child-room at Mittelweg 177. Please contact us for further information! We will happily provide details on the mandatory registration prior to initial use!
Prior registration at: firstname.lastname@example.org( familienbuero"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
Please direct booking requests to: loge.mittelweg"AT"uni-hamburg.de