How to plan ahead
It may happen out of the blue and to anyone, not only the older generation: We suddenly find ourselves in a situation where we are unable to deal with everyday matters on our own anymore. Or we may have to come to terms with taking care of a relative. Planning ahead helps everyone who has to make difficult decisions with or for us. Only those who plan ahead can rest assured that a person they trust can make legally valid decisions, if necessary.
Informationen und downloads:
- Information sheet on planning ahead (PDF, in German only)
- Personal portfolio for emergency cases "Ich bin vorbereitet" (I am prepared)
- Information brochure "Ich sorge vor?" (I plan ahead?) (PDF, in German only)
- For various further information, please contact the Beratungsstelle für rechtliche Betreuung und Vorsorgevollmacht (legal advising service on guardianship, power of attorney for healthcare, etc.) in Hamburg.
- For information on legal guardianship, please see the official webpages of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
- Please find a report on the information event "Wie sorge ich vor?" (How do I plan ahead?) from 19 April 2016 here.