What we do
PIASTA is an acronym for Program International for All Stdudents und Alumni. The acronym reflects our overall aim, which is to support both German and international students.
We want to foster internationalization and intercultural exchange at Universität Hamburg. This is why our motto is: "Interkulturell entdecken, interdisziplinär lernen, informiert studieren!" In short, to discover, learn, and study in an intercultural, interdisciplinary, and well-informed fashion.
We are a large international team in the Department of International Affairs at Universität Hamburg. Our mission is to support rigorous intercultural living and studies at the University. Most of our events, courses, and seminars are held by students, for students. Our program:
Welcome & Cultural Events
- Organize your life and studies during your first weeks at Universität Hamburg
- Enjoy diversity and culture in Hamburg, get to know people, have fun
- Discover all of our leisure activities with a focus on Hamburg life and culture
Seminars and Workshops
- Acquire core skills to help you success in your studies, your graduate work, and in your later working life
Information and Advice
- Find information and advice reagrding all study-related topics and get help with bureaucratic and legal questions and problems
We cordially invite you to participate in everything we have to offer and wish you much fun and success at Universität Hamburg – with PIASTA!