The ERASMUS program is a great way to gain valuable experience abroad by studying or doing an internship in another European country. Over 400,000 students from Germany have taken advantage of this opportunity and about 500 students from Universität Hamburg go abroad through this program annually. The program offers several advantages, including:
- tuition fee exemption at the host university
- monthly stipend (approx. EURO 150-250 to study abroad, approx. EUR 250-350 for internships)
- administrative support from both your home and host universities
- recognition of academic achievements in accordance with study agreements
- special support for students with accompanying children and students with special needs
The EU Commission
You can find more information about the program, central calls for applications, and European events and current publications on the EU Commission’s Erasmus+ website.
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
If you have further questions, contact the National Agency for EU Higher Education Cooperation.