Application for the trilateral staff development program TriStraX
Application for TristraX 2023: Alumni Engagement and Development
This call for applications is directed at staff members within the faculties and central administration of Universität Hamburg, whose daily work touches upon themes of this year's program. Good English language skills, international travel and a willingness to actively participate are required.
| Target group: administrative staff at Universität Hamburg whose activities are related to the program topic
| Program objectives: professional development and continuing education with skills development in an intercultural environment
| Program duration: 3-9 Sept 2023 (core program 5-8 Sept)
| Funding: travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Dept. of International Affairs as per the Hamburg travel expenses act (Hamburgisches Reisekostengesetz, HmbRKG)
| Application deadline: 23 June 2023
| Notification: mid-July 2023
| Official Announcement (PDF)
| Application form (.docx)
- employed at Universität Hamburg during the time of the program
- advanced proficiency in English (equiv. to B1/B2 or higher)
- current or future involvement in the program topic and related fields
- potential to derive benefit for the field as a whole and beyond personal development
- approval from supervisor
- willingness to participate in an (online) preparatory meeting in Hamburg and in the program on-location in the U.S.
- pursuant to our partner university’s rules, vaccination may be required at the time of stay
Participation is only permitted in accordance with the current entry requirements and the regulations applicable at both Universität Hamburg and the partner university.
Selection and evaluation criteria:
- clear motivation for participation
- program’s relation to day-to-day duties and field of work
- convincing presentation of added value for the field as well as potential ideas for future projects
- contribution to the internationalization of the field
Applications are evaluated by a selection committee.
You will also be invited to a short interview, conducted in English.
Travel and accommodation expenses:
- Travel and accommodation expenses for Universität Hamburg employees are paid for by the Department of International Affairs pursuant to the Hamburg travel expenses act (Hamburgisches Reisekostengesetz, HmbRKG).
- Funds used to cover the travel costs of Universität Hamburg employees must be claimed as part of the expense claim for work-related travel.
Report and knowledge sharing:
- A detailed report must be submitted no later than six weeks after the end of the program.
- There must be a willingness to share knowledge gained with other Universität Hamburg members at internationalization events.
- A preparatory meeting will take place for all participating Universität Hamburg staff to discuss the program process as well as all work-related travel regulations and organizational information before the departure. Attendance is mandatory.
- Please check the travel recommendations provided on the Federal Foreign Office website regularly.
How do I apply for work-related travel?
You can find all necessary information here: https://www.kus.uni-hamburg.de/themen/dienstreisen/vor-der-reise.html
What costs are paid?
The Department of International Affairs will cover the travel and accommodation expenses as per the Hamburg travel expenses act (Hamburgisches Reisekostengesetz, HmbRKG).
Where can I find information on Universität Hamburg’s current rules on work-related travel?
You can find the answers to the most important questions on the coronavirus pandemic in the FAQ, which is regularly updated: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/newsroom/intern/2020/0131-corona-faq.html
As well as in the KUS Portal: https://www.kus.uni-hamburg.de/themen/dienstreisen.html
Where can I find information on U.S. entry requirements?
Do I need international health insurance?
International health insurance is recommended. Pleasen note that travel insurance expenses can under no circumstances be reimbursed.