The Erasmus+ program for administrative staff
Within the framework of Erasmus staff training, Universität Hamburg employees can apply for advanced training and continuing education measures at a European university and for financial support.
Goals include international networking, professional exchange with colleagues at other European universities, the strengthening of intercultural skills, and the honing of foreign language skills.
Target group: Technical, library, and administrative staff of Universität Hamburg
Standard types of mobility:
- Staff training weeks: broad thematic program organized by a guest university in the Erasmus network— current call for applications on iMOTION Plattform
- Job shadowing: self-organized stay with the goal of learning more about one’s own work area at a partner university—testimonials
- Language trips: self-organized language trips within the Erasmus network— language courses foster confidence in using a foreign language at work and strengthen intercultural skills.
Funding installments: Depending on destination country and distance, daily allowances are between €140 and €180, and travel allowances between €180 and €530.
Funding duration: from 2 to a maximum of 10 days (including departure and return days)
Application deadline: rolling; submit application least one month before the mobility is due begin
Application deadline for language trips: every November for the following year (inform yourself about applying for a language trip at Erasmus language trip for University staff)
Application information (staff training weeks, job shadowing)
Apply for Erasmus+ funding for your professional development via the Mobility Online database.
Application form for Erasmus+ administrative mobility
Before your administrative mobility
- Apply online and register in the Mobility Online database.
- Fill out your personal and banking data, and list your responsible internal revenue office.
- Upload the completed Mobility Agreement (PDF) signed by all parties required: participants, superiors, invitee, host university.
- Print out and send the original copy of the signed Grant Agreement (generated in the database).
- Submit the work-related travel request digitally or send the original print version.
After everything has been signed by the Erasmus university coordinator, both the Grant Agreement and the work-related travel request will be uploaded to your profile in the database by the Department of International Affairs.
Once all of the documents have been saved in the database, the first installment totaling 80% will be paid.
After your administrative mobility
- Upload the completed Confirmation of Stay for Staff Training(PDF ), which must also be signed by the host university.(PDF).
- Send the EU survey (you will obtain the link to this after you complete your stay).
- Upload your report (DOC; please use the template)—report guidelines (PDF, in German only).
- Complete the information about your mobility measures on Mobility Online to obtain your certificate of participation.
The second installment will be paid once you have entered all of your details and uploaded all of the documents to the database.
Funding is possible as long as sufficient funds are available.If the number of applications exceeds the funds available, funding will be granted according to the following criteria:
- purpose of stay
- past funding (STT and other mobility funding)
- relevance of partner university to Universität Hamburg’s internationalization strategy
Living costs are calculated according to a daily rate that varies depending on the host country:
|Host country||Daily rate|
|Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden||€180|
|Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain||€160|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey||€140|
The following travel allowance will be granted per stay (return travel) depending on the distance:
|Direct route according to distance calculator||Travel allowance per participant (return travel)|
|3.000- 3.999 km||€530|
Use the Distance Calculator to determine the travel allowance. Enter your starting point and destination—the distance will then be calculated automatically.
Green Erasmus: If you undertake green travel, meaning you plan to use sustainable transportation (train, bus, car-share, bicycle, walking) for more than 50% of the journey, you can receive a one-off subsidy between €30 and €80. If this takes more time, you can receive funding for up to an additional 4 days.
- Duration of stay: a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 working days at the host university; additionally, the daily allowance can be used to compensate for the arrival and departure days if these take place directly prior to or after the professional development activities.
- As a rule, Erasmus+ funding is available only for stays during which activities falling under the program take place.
Advance payment of the travel and daily allowances
You will be paid 80% of the total allowance in advance within 30 days of the Grant Agreement (GA) being signed by both parties (participant and Erasmus University Coordinator). The remaining 20% of your funding will be paid after your return, once you have submitted the required documentation.
No tax is payable on Erasmus+ funding provided for professional development as long as these activities are necessary for professional development. Tax is payable on any funding above and beyond this and on funding that is not used.
If you have applied for an Erasmus+ administrative mobility, you will need to submit certain forms before and after your stay abroad.
Before your stay
- Staff Mobility Agreement for Training (PDF)
- Work-Related Travel Request Form
- Grant Agreement (original—generated in the database)
After your stay
- Confirmation of Stay for Staff Training (PDF)
- Online EU survey (link via email)
- Report (DOC)—guidelines on report (PDF, in German only)