Conference of equal opportunity and women’s affairs reps at universities in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (LaKoG Hamburg)
LaKoG is an inter-university association that promotes equal opportunity for female students, academics, and artists in their studies, research, teaching, and continuing education.
In the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the conference of equal opportunity reps at universities (LaKoG Hamburg) advocates
- including the equal opportunity goals in the strategic planning and development of the higher education sector in Hamburg,
- introducing the principles of gender mainstreaming, and
- integrating gender studies into teaching, research, and continuing education offers at higher education institutions.
LaKoG Hamburg works with the Extended Board and various commissions of the national conference of university women's affairs and equal opportunity reps known as BuKoF (in German only).
LaKoG cooperates with the Hamburg Ministry of Science, Research and Equalities and the equal opportunity representatives at the Hamburg municipal authorities. It moreover supports initiatives that highlight and promote the work women perform on all levels at higher education institutions.
Who is represented in LaKoG?
The following higher education institutions are represented in LaKoG Hamburg:
- Bucerius Law School
- Ev. Hochschule für Soziale Arbeit & Diakonie (Das Rauhe Haus)
- HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW)
- HfbK—the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg
- Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg (HfMT)
- Helmut Schmidt University (HSU)
- Universität Hamburg together with the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
- Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
The director of the Zentrum Gender & Diversity (ZGD) gender studies center is an advisory member of LaKoG.
What does LaKoG do?
LaKog brings suggestions and demands to the attention of university management as well as to the responsible political authorities on the state and federal levels. LaKoG supports the work of the equal opportunity representatives and offices for equal opportunity / womenʼs issues to overcome discrimination, develop equal opportunity policies, and work toward equal opportunity goals in the structure and development planning of higher education institutions and faculties. It advises on external funding for equal opportunity work from state and federal programs.
Spokesperson for LaKoG Hamburg:
Dr. Angelika Paschke-Kratzin
Gleichstellungsbeauftragte der Universität Hamburg
Raum: N 0056
Tel.: +49 40 42838-4443
Deputy spokesperson for LaKoG Hamburg:
Prof. Dr. Hanna Klimpe
Zentrale Gleichstellungsbeauftragte für das wissenschaftliche Personal der HAW
Tel.: +49 40 428 75-3603