Agathe Lasch Coaching Program + Diversity
+++ The deadline for applications has passed, applications will again be possible in 2024 +++
Named after the first female professor at Universität Hamburg, the Agathe Lasch Coaching Program, which serves all faculties, began supporting equal opportunities for female academics in 2013. In 2017 the program expanded. Since then it has included diversity more generally. The new Agathe Lasch Coaching Program + Diversity at Universität Hamburg provides an opportunity to reflect upon issues arising in daily academic life and academic career strategies in individual coaching sessions.
- promoting equal opportunities for female junior professors, female academics working on their Habilitation (post-doctoral qualification), and female postdoctoral researchers
- promoting diversity for junior professors, academics working on their Habilitation, and postdoctoral researchers of any gender who
- have a chronic physical or psychological impairment or illness, or a disability;
- have family commitments involving childcare or the nursing of relatives and for whom reconciling academic, professional, and family life is a priority;
- come from abroad and wish to reflect upon their experiences within the German academic system
Unlike in group coaching, participants enjoy solution-oriented advising tailored precisely to their individual needs, goals, and interests. External coaches ensure discretion and a secure environment. One-on-one advising makes it possible for participants to discuss personal issues and processes of change on an individual basis as well as implement solutions and strategies under guidance. Advising can address a range of issues, from participants’ own experiences of leadership in day-to-day academic life, dealing with barriers and stereotypes in the workplace, and questions relating to career planning and work-life balance.
Duration and scope
As a participant of the Program, you can take part in up to five individual coaching sessions lasting sixty minutes each. You can schedule these sessions flexibly with your coach according to need. Coaches are selected by Universität Hamburg and assigned in consultation with participants. At the kick-off event you will have the opportunity to meet all coaches involved in the Program. We also put on networking events offering high-level input.
We are able to offer non-German speakers English-language coaching. Reapplying to the Program is only possible under certain circumstances.