Universität Hamburg Equal Opportunity Fund
Call for Applications
+++ 2023 call for applications - Equal Opportunity Fund +++
Documents and forms for the application:
- regulations for the Equal Opportunity Fund (PDF)
- application form (PDF)
- supervisor's assessment form (scholarship) (PDF)
The deadline for applications is April 01, 2023. Please email the completed application form along with the required documents as a PDF to: gleichstellung"AT"uni-hamburg.de.
About the Equal Opportunity Fund
The Universität Hamburg Equal Opportunity Fund is designed to promote general projects in the areas of equal opportunity: gender equality, diversity and the compatibility of work/study and family. It was announced for the first time in 2012.
The following projects and activities are eligible for funding:
- Projects (courses, conferences, exhibitions, research applications, etc.) relating to gender, diversity, and combining family and career. A maximum of € 5,000 in funding is available per project.
- Completion scholarships for female researchers to complete their doctoral dissertation or Habilitationen (postdoctoral qualifications) (max. 6 months). Precedence will be given to dissertations relating to gender/diversity as well as to applications from young female researchers with children or a relative requiring care. The amount of the completion scholarships depends upon the guidelines for granting Universität Hamburg scholarships (currently €1,100 per month plus lump sum for materials in the amount of €103 per month plus child care supplement fo €400 per month + €100 per month for each additional child for female PhD Students).
- Measures to facilitate the reconciliation of career and family both for individual researchers (e.g., student support for young researchers with children or a relative requiring care) as well as those designed to make the University more family-friendly as a whole