Equal opportunity and sustainability
Sustainability and equal opportunity are broadly applicable topics crucial to the University's long-term success and reflected in its strategic goals.
These overlapping topics are especially visible in the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Gender Equality (Goal 5) and Reduced Inequalities (Goal 10) relate to equal opportunity.
Photo: United Nations Division for Sustainable Development (Download and License)
Projects at Universität Hamburg related to sustainability and equal opportunity
- Research project on multilingualism as a resource in a sustainable University
- Sustainability report: social affairs section, including information on equal treatment, diversity and equal opportunity, family-friendly universities and work–life balance
- Cooperation with the Center for a Sustainable University (KNU) on various activities, e.g., the "active lunch meeting" in the Equal Opportunity Unit and support for sustainability events
- Diversity audit: strategic brainstorming on diversity and sustainability, participation of KNU in the steering committee
- Pro Exzellenzia meets UHH: series on sustainability in academic careers