Dialogue-oriented service procedure (DoSV)
Apply via the Dialogue-Oriented Service Procedure (Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren, DoSV) for the first subject semester of the following degree programs starting at Universität Hamburg:
- Business Administration
- Business Mathematics
- Computing in Science (Biochemistry)
- Computing in Science (Physics)
- Food Chemistry
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Systems
- Marine Ecosystem and Fisheries Science
- Molecular Life Sciences
- Political Science
- Protestant Theology
Starting your degree
The Dialogue-Oriented Service Procedure (Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren, DoSV) involves 4 steps. Please read through the individual steps for application and admission carefully.
What is DoSV?
The dialogue-oriented service procedure is a decentralized application procedure. It combines the process of applying directly to the Universität Hamburg and the coordination of university placement allocations via hochschulstart.de. Comparing applications and admission options at a range of universities makes the allocation of university places faster and more target-oriented.
The places available for the Universität Hamburg degree programs participating in DoSV are allocated by hochschulstart.de. This allocation is coordinated by the service procedure across the participating universities. You can view your applications and the relevant information regarding university place allocation in your hochschulstart.de account.
Applying to Universität Hamburg
Although university place allocation is coordinated by hochschulstart.de, you will need to apply directly to the university where you want to study. To apply to Universität Hamburg, please create a STiNE account and fill out the online application form. If you already have a STiNE account (because you are or were enrolled at Universität Hamburg or you applied for the last winter semester), please use your existing username.
Advantages of DoSV
- hochschulstart.de coordinates the allocation of university places at participating universities and prevents multiple enrollments in the relevant degree programs. This instant allocation of university places makes the admission process swifter as a whole, with the goal of reducing the number of unallocated university places.
- You can see the current status of your application in the participating degree programs in your hochschulstart.de account, so you can better judge your chances of admission. This helps to make the process more transparent.