Our Counseling Process
Please contact us via our mail portal and briefly describe your concerns in your message. We will contact you as soon as possible and offer you an orientation appointment. This appointment takes place in person or online and takes 50 minutes.
During the orientation appointment, we will get an overview of your concerns and your life situation and decide on the next steps. Outcomes of this orientation appointment may include:
- A recommendation and sign-up for one of our group services or workshops.
- Referral to another service within the University (e.g., Academic Office, Career Center, Writing Services, Studierendenwerk, Office for studying with impairments, etc.).
- Referral to another service outside the University (e.g., your primary care physician/specialist, other counseling service, etc.).
- Signing up for further counseling on the topic of finding a therapy placement.
- Signing up for further individual counseling at our counseling center.
For further measures in our counseling center (especially individual counseling), a longer waiting time is to be expected. The aim of the orientation appointment is to give you a quick initial assessment of your concerns in order to avoid long waiting times for further steps at other places, if necessary.