onSET - online language placement test for German as a foreign language
onSET is an internationally-recognized online language placement test which evaluates general German language skills quickly, simply, and precisely. It is a fill-in-the-gap test taken via the Internet only consisting of eight short texts on various topics and at various levels of difficulty.
The test takes roughly forty minutes. Results are available as soon as the test is completed and documented in accordance with the CEFR (Common European Reference for Languages) guidelines defining A2 to C1 levels.
Among other things, the onSET exam is used to:
- place students in language courses.
- provide DAAD scholarship applicants with language certificates.
- prepare students for other language exams, particularly the TestDaF (German as a foreign language).
- evaluate prospective international students' language skills as required for future academic aptitude exams (TestAS).
- provide students in EU exchange programs with language certificates.
The fee for the onSET exam is EUR 20.
For more information about the test, please go to www.onset.de.