FUNDING OF COMMON PROJECTS WITH LUND UNIVERSITY
NEW CALL OPENED
You are working closely with Lund University?
You need funding for 2023-2025?
Apply to our Call for proposals for projects between Universität Hamburg and Lund University!
Universität Hamburg and Lund University jointly support promising collaborative initiatives with pump-priming funds with the aim of leading to externally funded research, large scale collaborations, jointly authored papers as well as common teaching activities at the advanced level (master or doctoral education).
This is the third common call with Lund University that now has been issued and the first lasting two years.
Dates & Facts
| For common projects involving Lund University and Universität Hamburg
| Deadline for submission of common application: 15 February 2023
| Notification of outcomes: beginning of April 2023
| Amount of funding: up to 20.000 EUR depending on size and duration of the project
| Report of activity: 30 April 2025
Information on how to apply
Further information about the Lund University and Universität Hamburg Call for proposals 2023/2025 can be found here: UHH-LU-Seed-Fund-Application-Form (Word document).
The proposal must be submitted in one document (PDF) including all attachments listed surname investigator UHH, surname investigator LU, project acronym.
The application deadline is 15 February 2023.
All applications should be sent by email to Katrin Tautermann (Department of International Affairs, Strategy and Partnerships, Universität Hamburg) and Petra Moser-Nørgaard (Strategic Partnerships & Networks, Lund University):
katrin.tautermann"AT"uni-hamburg.de and email@example.com.(petra.moser-norgaard"AT"er.lu.se)
You are invited to apply for funding up to a maximum of EUR 20,000. The initiative will be jointly funded by Universität Hamburg and Lund University. Funding will be confirmed at the beginning of April 2023 and should be spent until end of March 2025 starting from 1 April 2023.
Funding can generally be spent on the employment of student employees and assistants. As a rule, it is not possible to increase existing positions in the academic staff. Likewise, approved funds can in general not be taken to other universities (e.g. if the employment relationship changes).
A report reviewing the activity is expected at the end of the project.
Deadline for reporting: 30 April 2025.
A template for this report will be provided.
Export control, academic freedom, and in-depth review procedure
The Department of International Affairs helps Universität Hamburg researchers by minimizing the risk of and providing a sound basis for international cooperation. In 2020, Universität Hamburg’s Executive University Board resolved to establish a review process for international cooperation. The University Administration will review funding applications and cooperation agreements with international partners with regard to the upholding of academic freedom and the requirements of the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA). If cooperation topics are relevant to further control rights issues, and if the cooperating institution is located in a country that the Academic Freedom Index (AFI) has listed as restricting academic freedom, an in-depth review procedure will be initiated. Both the first and the in-depth review will be conducted within strictly defined parameters.
Funded Projects through the Common Call of 2020
- MIXOS (Microfossil X-ray data and climate science)
- BiSibac (Biomarkers of Si-mineralizing Bacteria: a Key to understand Changes in primary Production in deep Time)
- ReSTUS (Religion, Plurality, and Urban Space)
- PolyP (Polyphosphate – a novel therapeutic Target and Biomarker for infectious and thromboembolic Diseases)
- IFELD (Hamburg University and Lund University collaborate on Accelerator Research)
- MOTADA (Modern Operator Theory in Analysis, Dynamics and Applications)
Funded Projects through the Common Call of 2018
- DUS Gating (Development, Evaluation and Climate Application of Dynamic Fetal Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- EPAC (Environmental Protection during Armed Conflict)
- HALOS (Hanseatic League of Science)
- STEVT (Connection between Shrinking Target Problems and Extreme Value Theory)
- THALIS (Towards a Hamburg Lund International Research School)
- VICTIM (Violent Climate Imaginaries: Science - Fiction - Politics)