Germany Scholarship 2023
The call for applications for the Deutschlandstipendium at the Universität Hamburg for funding in 2023 has ended. The next call for applications will take place in October/November 2023. You can only apply online during this period.
All applicants who have applied for a Deutschlandstipendium will receive a message at the end of January as to whether they have been selected.
If you would like to be informed about the start of the next call for applications, please send a short email to deutschlandstipendium"AT"uni-hamburg.de.
The prerequisite for an application is that you are enrolled at the University of Hamburg. Due to current events, we would like to point out that students who have fled Ukraine and are enrolled at the UHH can also apply for a Germany scholarship. You will find further information for refugee students at the department UHHhilft.
On this page you will find a list of the criteria according to which applicants are selected for a Deutschlandstipendium. In the right menu bar under "Application steps" you will also find detailed instructions on which documents to submit and how you can apply. Please read these thoroughly and completely before contacting us with any questions.
the team at the UHH Germany Scholarship Office
The the Germany Scholarship and its selection criteria
The Germany Scholarships are monthly scholarships, provided by the Federal Government and private sponsors (companies, foundations, associations, individuals) for students who are enrolled at the UHH and
- have very good school and / or academic performance
- are involved in volunteer work / social engagement
- have difficult access to studies (so-called hurdles in the educational biography such as origin from a non-academic family, financial circumstances, migration or refugee background, illness, disability, caring for their own children or relatives in need of care, etc.)
- deal with the topic of "sustainability" in the broadest sense.
Anyone who receives a Germany Scholarship should be interested in keeping contact with his or her sponsor. Another requirement is the willingness to participate in the accompanying program.
High-performing students with a refugee background who are enrolled at the UHH can also apply for Germany Scholarships at the UHH.
The Germany Scholarships are advertised across the university at UHH each autumn. Outside of these application deadlines, you cannot apply and consultancy is not available.
Students who don't want to miss and would like to be informed about the start of the next application round, please send an email to email@example.com.
We only offer personal counselling before and during the application period from 12 October to 16 November 2022. We do not offer counselling outside of these times.
During the upcoming application process, personal counselling will only take place by phone (+49 (0)172 186 9027). Individual counselling is normally not necessary but at best helpful for students whose application situation presents particular complications. Please first read the information provided under the Application Steps tab.
Become a scholarship holder!
Good reasons to apply for a scholarship
- The €300 scholarship is paid monthly and does not have to be repaid. The funding period runs from 1 January to 31 December.
- The scholarship is non-need-based and can be combined with other funding.
- In principle a scholarship can be granted at any time during the regular period of study.
- All students enrolled in a degree program at Universität Hamburg are eligible to apply for a scholarship, regardless of their semester of study, nationality, or age.
- Scholarship holders can participate in the program of accompanying events and benefit from the academic and business network in the metropolitan region.
Germany Scholarships in 2023
For 2023 the Universität Hamburg offers about 210 Germany Scholarships in various fields of study.
Please check the list of available Germany Scholarships for 2023 on the German website.
- All students enrolled in a degree program at Universität Hamburg during the funding period are eligible for funding, regardless of their nationality or age.
- Part-time students can also apply for a scholarship.
- Recipients of merit or achievement-based funding or material support (e.g., a scholarship from an organization fostering young talent) are not eligible for funding.
- This does not apply if the funding or support totals less than a monthly average of €30 per semester in which the Germany Scholarship is awarded.
- The Germany Scholarship will not be offset against the funding received under the German Federal Education and Training Assistance Act (Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz, BAföG).
- Doctoral students are not eligible for funding.