For the past several years, Universität Hamburg has rigorously and successfully pursued equal opportunity policies characterized by efforts to implement equal opportunity measures throughout the University and the allocation of resources for equal opportunity measures.
Among other achievements, the high proportion of women with professorships (C4/W3 professorships), confirms that the University is on the right path.
The University has defined six focus areas in particular:
- Increasing the number of women in top academic positions with the
goal of appointing excellent academics to professorships
- Promoting personal and career development for young female academics with the
goal of facilitating their entry to an academic career
- Attracting female students to subjects in which women have been underrepresented
with the goal of inspiring interest in the natural sciences and mathematics
- Promoting the compatibility of family and university study/careers with the goal of
facilitating young parents' educational or professional pursuits
- Increasing the number of women in leadership positions with the goal of strengthening
the presence of women in academic management
- Strengthening equal opportunity efforts in newly-established schools with the goal
of establishing long-term equal opportunity policies at the University