Since 2012, Universität Hamburg's internationalization strategy has included the development of a sustainable, strategic network of partnerships with international higher education institutions. The goal of these strategic partnerships is long-term cooperation and development in research and teaching. This involves student and faculty exchanges and joint doctoral programs and research projects. Activities will not only promote intellectual exchange between partner insitutions; in their interdisciplinary approach, they will also promote interdisciplinarity within participating institutions. The primary goal is to forge strategic partnerships with institutions which promise excellent opportunities for cooperation in the key research areas and the active participation of several Hamburg faculties.
Realizing this concept is an ongoing process. Universität Hamburg sees the partnerships below as firmly established or as potential strategic parternships currently at various stages of development.
Current strategic partners of Universität Hamburg:
- Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- New York University, New York, USA
- Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
We are pursuing strategic partnerships with universities in Latin America.
Universität Hamburg provides travel subsidies to support cooperation with strategic partners.
Please contact us if you need further information.