Travel subsidy from Universität Hamburgs corporate capital
Would you like to present your research work at a conference or travel to conduct further research? Do you need a travel subsidy?
The University can provide a travel subsidy from its corporate capital. We would be happy to advise you about application procedures.
(Young) researchers and students of Universität Hamburg can apply through the University's Foundations and Corporate Capital for a one-time subsidy to travel for research purposes or to attend conferences.
Funding applications can be submitted informally. They should contain the following information:
- Topic, description and goal of project.
- Information about applicant, particularly with regard to official status at the University.
- Cost projection with detailed information about nature and extent of individual cost factors; breakdown of travel costs listing individual transport and accommodation expenses and conference fees.
- Information about whether funding applications have been submitted to other funding institutions and, if applicable, with what expected results for the projec.
- Information about whether funding applications have been submitted to other funding institutions and, if applicable, with what expected results for the project.
- Informative expert opinion by supervisor on applicant's qualifications as well as the significance and prospects for success of project in the context of general education or advanced academic training (applicable only for funding applications submitted by students and doctoral students respectively).
A subsidy from the University does not cover all project costs. Funding merely contributes to the applicant's own financial contributions, which are expected to cover several of the project costs.
Food and lodging expenses are therefore not subsidized.
Depending upon the indiviual applicant's financial status, it may be possible for his or her department or institution to make a financial contribution.
Funding resources may not be used for the following:
- representational activities
- printing or translation costs to publish Diplom or Magister theses, dissertaions, Habilitation theses, Festschriften (especially to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc.), collected works, reproductions or translations
- costs for projects or measures for which the University is not legally responsible (see §§ 3, 4 (1) of Hamburg's Higher Education Act)
- costs for measures already undertaken
Procedures, deadlines and conditions
Funding applications should be submitted, along with standard documents (e.g. conference program, invitation to converence with confirmation that project has been registered, abstract of talk, confirmation of employment opportunities/internship with external institutions, expert opinions, cost proposal from a travel agency), to Universität Hamburg, Abteilung für Forschung und Wissenschaftsförderung, Arbeitsbereich Stiftungen und Körperschaftsvermögen, Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg.
Applications in the field of medicine
Funding applications for projects in the field of medicine should be submitted to the Dean of the Department of Medicine, Forschungsangelegenheiten, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Martinistr. 52, 20246 Hamburg.
Applications must be submitted in good time so that decisions can be made before any costs accrue. This means that applications should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the project's start.
If funding is granted, applicants are obligated to submit a concluding report about the project's course and findings.
Written authorization may contain more conditions or requirements, for example, with regard to other current fellowships. Authorized funding must be used and calculated immediately following completion of the project or, at the latest, two months following completion of the project. Calculations must include original documents (e.g. plane ticket, train ticket, receipts, invoices, etc.).
For further information, please contact the staff of the Department of Research Management and Funding/Foundations and Corporate Capital (Ms. Jaeger), Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg, Tel. +49 40 42838–6979, Fax. -4040, Martina.Jaeger"AT"verw.uni-hamburg.de.