If you want to withdraw from the University in the current semester, you can do this anytime throughout the semester or at the end of the semester. The application to withdraw is submitted via STiNE. Approximately 3 working days after submitting the application, a de-enrollment certificate will be made available to you in your STiNE account.
If you have successfully completed your program but do not apply to withdraw from the University, you will be officially "de-enrolled" at the end of the semester (i.e., on 31 March or 30 September respectively).
In order to avoid any disadvantages, please clarify the following points at the responsible offices before applying for withdrawal:
- Effects of withdrawal regarding financial support (responsible are the BAföG office, study foundations, pension funds etc.)
- Effects of withdrawal regarding health insurance (responsible are health insurance companies)
- Effects of withdrawal regarding student employment (responsible is your employer)
- Effects of withdrawal regarding your residence permit, if you do not have a German passport (responsible are immigration offices)
- Effects of withdrawal regarding possible retakes of exams (responsible are academic offices and examination offices)
- the conditions of re-enrollment after withdrawal for interruption of studies due to illness, child-raising or studies abroad. Please note § 3 of the enrollment regulations (German only)
Upon withdrawing from Universität Hamburg, your passwords, authorizations, and login details to your email account become invalid. Students who have dropped out are no longer members of the University. The regulations of the Regional Computing Center (RRZ) provide system access to current members of the University only. Your RRZ username cannot be extended!
After the account has been suspended, lecturers and academic offices will still have access to the account for the purpose of entering grades or creating final documents. No extension of the usename is required for this.