Good scientific practice
The members of the Ombuds Committee act as confidential contact persons for all questions relating to good scientific practice or the possession of evidence of scientific misconduct. All queries and evidence are treated confidentially.
If you are contacting the Ombuds Office for the first time, please use our contact form (PDF)
Bylaws of Universität Hamburg
The Academic Senate of Universität Hamburg has resolved to adopt the following Bylaws, which reflect the memorandum entitled Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice issued by the German Research Foundation.
Recommendations and regulations on good scientific practice laid down by other organizations, either generally or for individual disciplines, supplement those laid down by the German Research Foundation.
Please follow these links for the:
Collaborative research is increasingly taking place at an international level. As such, it is vital to be familiar with regulations and recommendations in place in other countries or within international academic organizations and funding bodies.
We have collated a selection of these organizations below:
- European Network of Research Integrity Offices (ENRIO)
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
- European Network of Ombudsmen in Higher Education (ENOHE)
- Science Europe
- The Embassy of Good Science
- Office of Research Integrity
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity
- Montreal Statement on Research Integrity in Cross-Boundary Research Collaborations
- Hongkong Principles for Assessing Researchers
- World Conferences on Research Integrity
Internet resources and literature
You will find information relating to good scientific practice in the Federal Republic of Germany.
List of all ombuds at German universities and research organizations
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (2019): Handreichung zum Urheberrecht in der Wissenschaft (PDF)
- Stephan Rixen (2018): Wer Whistleblower nicht schützt, schadet der Wissenschaft
- Gerlinde Sponholz (2020): Curriculum für Lehrveranstaltungen zur Guten wissenschaftlichen Praxis
- European Science Foundation (jetzt Science Europe): Stewards of Integrity (Survey report, PDF)
- Guide to Publication Policies of the Nature Journals (PDF)
- OECD Global Science Forum (PDF)
- ICMJE (2019): Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (PDF)
- C. K. Gunsalus (1998): How to blow the whistle and still have a career after-wards (PDF)
- D. Fanelli (2009): How many Scientists Fabricate and Falsify Research? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Survey Data
- M. Roig: Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing (PDF)
- U. Beisiegel (2010): Research Integrity and Publications Ethics
- T. Albert & E. Wager (2003): How to handle authorship disputes: a guide for new researchers (PDF)