Studienkolleg Hamburg: preparing for the assessment exam
Perhaps you would like to study at Universität Hamburg but your foreign higher education entry qualification (Abitur) doesn't qualify you to do so.
In this case, you need to take an assessment test (officially "the Examination to Assess Aptitude of Foreign Applicants for Acceptance to an Institution of Higher Education in the Federal Republic of Germany"). This exam demonstrates that you have the language skills and fulfill the subject requirements to study at a German university.
The Studienkolleg Hamburg offers applicants with foreign secondary school leaving degrees year-long courses (language of instruction: German) to prepare for the assessment test. You can focus on a specific subject depending upon the program for which you intend to apply.
The Studienkolleg Hamburg can provide information about curricula, course dates and times, participation requirements and application deadlines.
If you pass the assessment test, you can apply for your subject of choice at Universität Hamburg.
A passing assessment test is also recognized by Universität Hamburg as proof of sufficient German language skills.
How to apply:
1. Application and admission
Application and admission takes place at the Studienkolleg Hamburg (http://www.studienkolleg-hamburg.de/).
After receiving your admission, please send the following documents to Universität Hamburg's Team for Application and Admission:
- print-out of your application from the application platform (register under: www.uni-hamburg.de/online-bewerbung)
- Letter of Acceptance from Studienkolleg Hamburg (ATTENTION: Enrolment is not possible without Letter of Acceptance from Studienkolleg Hamburg!)
- proof of health insurance
Address for document submission:
CampusCenter – Service für Studierende (Services for Students)
Team Bewerbung und Zulassung (Team for Application and Admission)
20354 Hamburg, Germany
- To do this, first register in the application portal at www.uni-hamburg.de/online-bewerbung.
- Then select "Online-Application". First state your nationality and where you obtained your university entrance qualification.
- Then click on "Find courses offered" and select "Studienkolleg for foreigners" from the list of subjects. Just leave all other search fields blank. For the search result at the Studienkolleg, select "Apply".
- Fill out the online application step by step. Under “Upload” you can then upload the notification of admission from the preparatory college.
- When you have completed everything, select "Check for completeness" and then "Submit".