Close the Gap network
What is the cross-university Close the Gap network?
The Close the Gap network aims to bring experienced and early career researchers together. The idea is that researchers faced with similar pandemic-related challenges common to all disciplines can share their ideas and experience in a friendly forum, such as that provided by Close the Gap. To this end, a range of events and networking formates will be held until December 2022 when the project ends. In addition, network members can make suggestions for developing the measures, and raise or even host topics they would like to see included.
The network is for:
- researchers and academics with families at Hamburg higher education institutions;
- people funded by the Close the Gap project; and
- women researchers and academics at all stages of their careers.
- network events with lectures and workshops on a range of research and qualification topics
- increased visibility of pandemic-related challenges and raising awareness of relevance and need of the topic
- important dates and information about balancing an academic career and family life
- opportunity to get involved in a range of projects and build closer networks with similarly minded professionals
- a platform for cross-university and interdisciplinary networking
- collegial advice with mutual support from suitably qualified members (following a peer-coaching model)
You determine for yourself what you want to achieve with your network.
Become a member:
Fill out the registration form to become a member.
The Close the Gap network will kick off alongside another event on equal opportunity against the backdrop of shutdowns, gaps, and working from home on 23 April 2021 from 10 am–12 noon.