Close the Gap network
What is the cross-university Close the Gap network?
The Close the Gap network aims to bring together experienced and early career researchers who face similar challenges due to the pandemic. The network is intended to serve as a platform for interdisciplinary and collegial exchange. For this purpose, various events and network formats will be offered until December 2022. In addition, network members can make suggestions for developing measures, and propose or even host topics they would like to see included.
Higher education institutions participating in the cross-university network: Universität Hamburg (UHH), the medical faculty of Universität Hamburg (UKE), Hochschule für Musik und Theater (HfMT), Technische Universität (TU) Hamburg, HafenCity Universität (HCU) and Helmut Schmidt Universität (HSU).
The network is intended for:
- researchers and academics with family and care obligations at Hamburg higher education institutions;
- female* researchers and academics at all stages of their careers.
- network events with lectures and workshops on a range of research and qualification topics
- increased visibility of pandemic-related challenges
- important dates and information about balancing an academic career and family life
- opportunity to get involved in a range of projects and build closer networks with similarly minded professionals
- a platform for cross-university and interdisciplinary networking
- collegial advice with mutual support from suitably qualified members (following a peer-coaching model)
You determine for yourself what you want to achieve with your network.
Become a member:
Fill out the registration form to become a member.
The Close the Gap network was launched with a digital kick-off event in April 2021.
Further information on upcoming events can be found on the homepage of Universität Hamburgs Equal Opportunity Unit.