Netiquette at Universität Hamburg
Universität Hamburg fosters and supports open dialog. This is why we look forward to comments and active participation in discussions. To ensure that communication on Universität Hamburg’s social media pages remains respectful and fact-based, please observe the following general rules when writing your comments:
- Do not use insulting language, or engage in slander, libel, or provocation with vulgar, violence-inciting, discriminating, racist, sexist, hate-filled and/or illegal statements or content.
- Do not make contributions involving commercial content.
- Statements and comments should be factually related to the topic in question and/or should involve topics related to Universität Hamburg. Keep comments relevant to the topic and discussion in question.
- Check which personal data you publish in your comments. These are available to the general public. You may not publish the personal data of third parties. To protect the personal rights of third parties who may be involved, such comments will be deleted.
- As a rule, we use German on Universität Hamburg’s social media channels. However, you can ask questions in English.
- Before you publish your comments, make sure you have reviewed copyright matters. In the case of third party content, the rights must be available. Cite quotations accordingly and provide the source.
- Observe the rules above when providing links. We retain the right to remove comments containing links to content that does not comply with the rules outlined above.
All comments are reviewed for compliance with the rules outlined above. In case of violations, the social media team at Universität Hamburg and/or the person responsible for reviewing the channel content may delete the comment.