28 January 2020
Coronavirus in China—Universität Hamburg takes precautions and measures
1. The University will not authorize work-related travel to China until further notice.
2. The University is trying to gain an overview of all University members currently in China in order to provide support, if necessary, if they need to leave the country.
3. Furthermore, the University management has asked the faculties to determine if any of their members have gone to China as of 1 January 2020; in case of illness, this would enable us to take any measures necessary to prevent the spread of the virus within the University.
4. The University is also trying to determine if students or doctoral candidates are planning a trip a stay in China in Summer Semester 2020 so that we can advise them, if necessary, about the possible effects on their studies.
5. China-related conferences that take place in Hamburg and involve participants who have a permanent residence in China will be postponed.