Ways for students to get involved
Students are immediately affected by the quality of their chosen degree program. They are an important part of the quality assurance system. Every semester, there are multiple ways for students to get involved, such as
- the annual quality conferences
- the multi-stage evaluation process, which takes place every 8 (bachelor’s and master’s degrees) and 7 (teacher training degrees) years, respectively
- membership in the certification commission for the bachelor’s and master’s degree programs or the certification commission for teacher training degrees
- membership in the advisory committee on quality
The following table provides an overview of upcoming opportunities for participation:
|Participation in …||Date|
German / Sign Languages / Media and Communications Cluster
|evaluation—discussion with an evaluator||planned for December 2019 or January 2020 (date to be announced)|
|All degree programs||quality conference (for individual degree programs)||→ The dates depend on the specific program. Most are set by the start of the winter semester. Please contact the head of the competent quality circle.|
Would you like to participate in a quality conference or evaluation? Send us a brief email or use the email form below to tell us the degree program to which you wish to contribute. Also state whether you are enrolled in the bachelor’s, master’s, or teacher training degree program.
You can contact us via the email form below or by emailing one of the following addresses:
- For bachelor’s and master’s students: qs-bama.uhh[a]uni-hamburg.de
- For teacher training students: qs-lehramt.uhh[a]uni-hamburg.de
- Leitfaden zur Bescheinigung studentischen Engagements. Please read this guide thoroughly.
- Send the completed application form (PDF) to one of the email addresses listed above or use the email form.
Aside from the options listed above, teacher training students can participate in the committees for teacher training in Hamburg, run by the Hamburg Center for Teacher Education: ZLH Rat, the Gemeinsamer Ausschuss Lehrerbildung (GALB) and the cross-institutional working groups. For an overview of the committees and ways of contributing to them, consult the website of the Hamburg Center for Teacher Education.