Effectively Communicating Across Cultures - Leading Discussions
Today, communication and intercultural skills are seen as key qualifications in universities and on the job and they are indispensable to effective communication and cooperation. This seminar aims to expand upon your communication skills, focusing especially on intercultural situations and how to respond accordingly to conversation partners from all over the world and in different contexts while remaining true to yourself.
- reflecting on your own culturally-conditioned behaviors and communication habits
- recognizing cultural differences in communication
- acquiring helpful tools and techniques to hone your own conversation skills
- learning about helpful strategies for dealing with sensitive intercultural situations
- diverse communication models (e.g., Schulz v. Thun)
- practical exercises on (inter)cultural factors in diverse communication situations
- constructive criticism in practice
Please note: Block seminar – attendance is mandatory on both course dates!
Date: Sat, 25.01.2020, 2 – 6 pm and Sun, 26.01.2020, 10 am – 5 pm
Place: Rentzelstraße 17, conference room (ground floor)
Organizer: Lea Kühne, Diplom in education,and Anne Neumann-Holbeck, MSc, clinical psychologist
CIC: Can be recognized as Component A of the Certificate Intercultural Competence (CIC). To obtain this recognition, students must participate in both days of the training weekend.
Since the intercultural trainings are conducted in culturally heterogeneous groups, we ask you to click on the appropriate sentence for you.
After the click it will continue to registration.