About the Next Generation Partnerships
The Next Generation Partnerships (NGP) aim to establish and expand long-lasting multilateral research collaborations. Two funding lines address different stages of cooperation and support research projects according to needs.
Next Generation Partnerships—Workshops and Conferences
- serves to strengthen and establish research contacts and cooperation projects
- promotes individual events that lay the foundation for the establishment of multilateral networks or associations
- can be applied for on an ongoing basis until funds are exhausted.
Next Generation Partnerships—Thematic Networks
- is aimed at existing cooperation partnerships that target long-term thematic research projects
- provides funding that runs over 3 years
- supports the first phase of the research project
- serves to prepare the sustainable implementation of the multilateral research network
- issues a call for proposals every 3 years
Objective: multilateral long-term research projects
- Research relations are established.
- First scientific results are achieved.
- The project is set up on a long-term basis and supported by external funds.