Language courses and certificates
Foreign language courses in Hamburg or abroad
- In cooperation with the University, Hamburg's adult education center (Hamburger Volkshochschule VHS) provides courses in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Low German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Latin, Turkish, German as a foreign language, and sign languages. These courses offer general skills acquisition in accordance with levels A1–B1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR).
- The University Language Center (FSZ) at Universität Hamburg offers free subject-specific language courses for students of law, economics, the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, medicine, and psychology in English, French, Spanish, and Russian. Non-subject-specific supplementary courses on offer, e.g., regional studies, writing, and communications, require level B2 (CEFR).
- Language compass: Overview, information, and tips on language acquisition options at Universität Hamburg.
- DAAD: Contains a survey of publications and links about specific countries and regions as well as language courses at higher education institutions all over the world.
- Aktion Bildungsinformation (ABI) is a non-profit consumer protection institution offering information about education, language trips, and international exchange programs.
- The Fachverband Deutscher Sprachreise-Veranstalter (association of German language travel agencies) offers language travel guides (providers/organizations, guidelines, etc.).