Are you full of questions about studying?
There are many offerings on campus and throughout the city that will help you along. Please do not hesitate - go and seek advice immediately! There is no need to be embarrassed! Our advisors and counselors are glad to be of help. In case of minor problems, e.g. if you have lost your semester public transportation pass or when you are facing an important decision such as a degree program switch, or need legal advice. Find important contacts below.
Information and advising on campus
- BeSI - Counselling Center for Social and International Affairs
BeSI helps students and prospective students cope with personal, social, and financial issues connected to their studies at the University. Our advisors provide advising on right of stay and studying with a disability. We also assist students who are expecting a child or already are parents.
- Center for Academic Advising and Psychological Counseling at Campus Center
Are you unsure whether your current degree program is the right choice? You do not know how to switch degree programs? Are you wavering whether to drop out of uni? Feel free to come by during our open consultation hours at the Center for Academic Advising to discuss all questions!
- Services for Students - Application and Admissions Team
Our Application and Admissions Team is in charge of the allocation of available places in all degree programs at Universität Hamburg that do not fall under the jurisdiction of hochschulstart.de (formerly ZVS). We are responsible for all applicants and offer advising on degree programs and subjects, including teaching degree programs as well as on access to higher education for working persons.
- Services for Students - Student Affairs Team
Our Team Student Affairs is the place to go if you have general questions about the University and studying. We process re-enrollment and de-enrollment affairs as well as applications for part-time studies or academic leave. We issue semester certificates, replacement certificates, etc.
- STiNE Team we help you in case of problems with STiNE, e.g.missing access data, locked passwords, etc..
- Office of Advising for Sexual Discrimination and Violence
Our Contact and Advising Center Sexual Discrimination and Violence offers advising for students who have experienced sexual harassment at Universität Hamburg.
- Office for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses We are the central advising center for students and prospective students with disabilities, long-term diseases, and specific learning disabilities.
- Housing Information Center Information and registration for Student Services (Studierendenwerk) dormitories
- AStA (student council) advising on legal, social and academic matters, BAföG (Federal Education and Training Assistance Act), student fees, taxes, studying as a parent, etc.
- DGB (German Confederation of Trade Unions) Campus Office Hamburg Advising on all questions about labor law and social legislation that affect working students.
- Protestant Student Community (Evangelische Studierendengemeinde) Advising on personal and financial issues.
External advising centers in Hamburg
- Hamburg Welcome Center: general service for newcomers; advising on child, schools, health, accommodations, leisure activities...
By appointment: first registration and initial issuing of residence permits for international students.
- Mieter helfen Mietern e.V. (legal advising for tenants)
We help in case of problems with your landlord/landlady. For a fee of EUR 20,- students can get Mieter helfen Mietern advising for two months. Tenant lawyers will help you based on your rental agreement and additional documents. These experts offer advice, will explain your rights and help you set up letters in accordance with the Hamburg tenant jurisdiction.
- Help with cell phone and internet providers
The Hamburg Consumers' Association (Verbraucherzentrale Hamburg) is an independent advising center. Advising on phone, online and other media services is partly free of charge.
- ÖRA Öffentliche Rechtsauskunft Legal Advising Center
Advising on all legal issues for Hamburg citizens and people working in Hamburg with low incomes.