Indiana University - Universität Hamburg
The research exchange between Indiana University and Universität Hamburg was introduced in 1977 and celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2017. Prior to that, Indiana University and Universität Hamburg had been successfully working together since 1966. Indiana University and Universität Hamburg have entered into a strategic partnership in 2020 and foster this partnership with a variety of funding programs.
| Applications by: 20 May
| Exchange places: 1 per year
| Length of stay: up to 1 month
| Subject areas: all
| Qualification level: PhD or higher
| Travel subsidies: up to EUR 1,025
| Additional benefits: IU accommodation or equivalent IU stipend
Information on how to apply
Application deadline: 20 May
Submission: submit your application by email to the UHH-program coordinator (see contact info)
Time: the research exchange takes place in the year following the year of application.
Qualification level: PhD or higher
Subject areas: open to all
Required application documents:
- signed application form (in English)
- research/project proposal (max. 2 pages, in English)
- CV (in English)
- list of publications (in English)
- written approval of the dean (in English or German)
- invitation letter from the scientific advisor at the partner institution (in English)
Your application should cover the following points:
- impact of the stay abroad on your research
- impact of the stay abroad on areas of potential / key research areas for Universität Hamburg
- relationship of the partner institution and its researchers to your areas of research
- research experience in the proposed project
- impact and benefits of the proposed stay to the partnership
Researchers of Indiana University who are interested in applying for and participating in an exchange should contact IU Global at their home institution.
Universität Hamburg researchers participating in a Research Exchange will receive the following benefits:
- Continuous remuneration during their stay at the partner institution (third-party financed academics must clarify this with their funding authority)
- Travel subsidy of up to 1.025 EUR paid by Universität Hamburg
- Free IU-accommodation or equivalent IU-stipend
Program participants must fulfill all requirements set by the host institution at the time of visit to receive funding, such as providing proof of mandatory vaccinations.
After completion of the exchange, exchange participants are required to hand in a report.
Please follow the information for settling travel expenses (German only).