Conditions of participation
Who can participate?
Be sure to note the target group for each individual event:
Only Universität Hamburg students and graduates (up to two years after graduating) may participate in the workshops on career entry and developing skills. All workshops/lectures are free.
For events in the fields of promotion, business start-ups, qualification funds, other target groups can also participate on occasion. In this case, these are listed in the announcement text.
Open to all interested parties, regardless of your student or Graduate status, are the event series "Talking about Careers"; and "Fishing for Careers".
Students and graduates can register for a maximum of three workshops per semester in the areas of Career Entry (course numbers 10XX) and Expanding Competencies (course numbers 20XX). The following events are excluded from this rule:
- Gruppenberatung: Small groups on topics such as Application Documents Check, Introduce yourself (job interview), Job Orientation
- Event series Talking about Careers and Fishing for Careers
- Practical programs such as Sommerakademie, Fishung for Experience and Service Learning
- Workshops for business start-ups
- Company visits and discussions, recruiting events
Certificate of participation
After registration, you will receive a confirmation of registration at the e-mail address provided, which is also your participation ticket. At the end of a workshop you can receive a certificate of participation. Please note that we cannot issue any confirmation of participation in webinars. If you have any uncertainties or special wishes, please call us!
Please register for all workshops directly online. Simply click on the event of your choice in the overview. A description will then appear, with the option of registering (click on the green Platz buchen button). Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If an event is fully booked, you can add your name to the waiting list (click on the red Warteliste button). This is definitely worthwhile, as there are often a few cancellations. In case of cancellation, all those on the waiting list will be notified and can then register online. The available place will be allocated to the first person to register.
It is normally possible to register online for our summer/winter semester program every year from 1 March and 1 September respectively.
Please register only if you can guarantee a binding participation in the overall course of the event.
How can I unsubscribe?
If you are unable to attend an event for which registration is required for important reasons, please cancel your registration as soon as possible using these channels:
- Cancel yourself: With the confirmation of your registration by e-mail you will receive a link which you can use to cancel your registration online until 12:00 noon of the previous working day. This will release your place for interested people on the waiting list. Please keep the confirmation e-mail until the date of the event.
- For short-term cancellations (e. g. due to illness), or if you no longer have the confirmation email, we ask you to unsubscribe by email (email@example.com or by phone (+49 40 42838 6761).
We work with relatively small groups, which makes unfilled places (due to missing or very short notice of cancellation) very annoying for us in the Career Center, but also for the workshop leaders and especially for those on the waiting list. Unexcused absence may therefore result in your being unable to attend further events requiring registration.
Your personal data will only be collected for the organisation of the events and will be stored until the end of the respective semester.