Helpful information about advanced programs
Advanced programs are those which build upon initial academic qualifications (a first degree) and provide further qualifications. This sheet contains information about those advanced programs which require a first university degree but do not require you to have a degree in a specific subject. You can find other, so-called "subject-restricted" or "consecutive master's programs" at Universität Hamburg by reading Master's and advanced degree programs at Universität Hamburg (PDF) or consulting the program guide.
To be admitted to an advanced program, you must have completed a first degree program.
Univeristät Hamburg currently offers the following advanced programs:
- Master of Higher Education (MoHE)
- Performance Studies (MA)
- Molecular Biology (certificate)
- Master of Peace and Security Studies (MPS)
- Master of European and European Legal Studies (MES/LLM)
- Master of International Taxation (MI Tax)
- European Master in Law and Economics (EMLE)
- LLM in Insurance Law
- Magister for foreign lawyers (LLM)
The advanced program for "special needs teachers" and "advanced studies for teachers of pupils with diverse native languages" are not currently being offered.